Tuesday, October 02, 2007

September Blog Winner


Congratulations to Danny, September's HAR Blog winner! To claim your prizes, please contact the following authors (Jacqueline Diamond, Laura Marie Altom, Kara Lennox and Linda Warren) Their websites are listed along the sidebar of the blog. Include your name and snail-mail address.

Authors giving away a book for October include, Marin Thomas, Shelley Galloway and Cindi Myers. Keep those discussions going--there's a new winner every month!

Gotta love the month of October--A shift toward cooler weather, a burst of vivid color before the bleakness of winter sets in and the beginning of a continuous rotation of front-door decorations--Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and Valentines Day

And October is doubly special for me this year because the first book in my all-new miniseries for the American Line *Hearts of Appalachia* hits the store shelves. For The Children takes place in fictitious Heather's Hollow in eastern Kentucky.

To help kick off this series, I've got a brand-new video trailer on my webpage-- I invite you to click on www.marinthomas.com where you'll be transported into the Appalachian Mountains, complete with pictures and music.

As I researched this series, I stumbled across some interesting Appalachian recipes. Here's one I actually tried and it wasn't half bad!

Sawmill Gravy
Ham, sausage or bacon grease, 3 tbsp flour, milk, salt and pepper and water. Add flour to grease in hot pan to brown. Thin the mixture with a little water and add milk. Salt and pepper. Stir until thick. Add crumbled fried sausage for a real treat. Serve over homemade biscuits.

Anyone out there with an Appalachian recipe they're willing to share?

Happy Reading!

Marin
For The Children *Hearts of Appalachia* (Oct 07)
www.marinthomas.com


8 comments:

Heather MacAllister said...

Great video, Marin! Heather's Hollow . . . Scottish . . . I'm there :)

Estella said...

Looking forward to your new series.

Danny said...

Ooooh, that's so exciting. :D Thanks, all~

Nice trailer, Marin. :) I think I'll have to go pick up a copy of 'For The Children' when I can. :)

Marin Thomas said...

Heather
Thanks for taking a peek at the trailer. My webmistress put it together for me and her family is from the Appalachian Mountain states so she enjoyed the project.

Estella & Danny, hope you enjoy my new series--I had much fun writing this one and have gotten quite attached to some of the characters...like Granny and her shotgun :-)

Marin
For The Children Oct 07
www.marinthomas.com

Unknown said...

Nice Trailor

Marin Thomas said...

Thanks, Bethre, it's good to see you here!

Marin
For The Children Oct 07
www.marinthomas.com

Anonymous said...

I viewed your trailer and it was great. I have a copy of your book and will be reading it in the next few days. I am looking forward to the series.

Marin Thomas said...

Hi Ellen

Thanks for picking up a copy of For The Children! Let me know what you think when you're finished reading it--I hope I did justice to the area and the good folks that live there.

Marin
www.marinthomas.com