Sunday, April 08, 2007

SNOW ON THE BLUEBONNETS

I’m stopping in to wish everyone a HAPPY EASTER and a happy love filled day.

It has been a very strange Easter here in Texas. There’s snow on the bluebonnets. At Easter! We’re probably going to remember this for a very long, long time. We rarely have snow here, but Saturday the white stuff was falling just about all over the place. We got flurries and mostly ice at my house, but North Texas received much more of the real stuff.

Can’t help but think that it much more like Merry Christmas.

Due to Mother Nature my mind is in a warped pattern and I really need to be writing. We went to early services, spent the day with family and ate too much. Will diet tomorrow.

Now I’m staring at a blank computer screen. My eyes keep straying to the window and the yard with the icy snowy spots that have not melted. I know I’m not dreaming, but it sure feels like it.

Happy Easter—spring or winter.

7 comments:

Christa said...

We've had snow most of the week. Luckily now it looks like it might be melting. We had dinner at my sister and bil's on Sat. We were sitting in the living room watching it snow with the fireplace going. Really romantic and cozy but not what you want to think in April.

Linda Warren said...

Hi Christa,
It's a strange feeling, isn't it. Yesterday I had to restrain myself from singing Christmas Carols. And I didn't want people to think I was insane.
Where do you live? I'm thinking up north since you had a fire.
Everything has melted around here and temperature is supposed to be in the eighties by the end of the week. How weird is that?

Christa said...

I'm in Southern Ontario.

Linda Warren said...

Christa,
Oh my gosh. You are really north. You must have left the door open because all that cold air came all the way to Texas. Close it quickly. Texans are not used to this kind of weather. Oh, but it must be nice to look out and see a winter wonderland.

Christa said...

our weather is mostly milder because I'm in the Niagara Pennisula. We are surrounded by 2 Great Lakes and the escaptment.

Linda Warren said...

Christa,
That sounds lovely. How far are you from Don Mills, Ontario?

Christa said...

I'm down in Niagara Fall/Niagara on the Lake area. I'm not sure distance wise. I think it takes about 1 1/2 hours to go to Mississauga to my sister's.