Sunday, March 18, 2007

First Sale!!!!

The Harlequin American Romance authors are delighted to announce that one lucky lady got the call from Kathleen Scheibling. Joining the line with a 2008 release is author Megan Kelly, a resident of Illinois and member of the Missouri RWA chapter (www.morwa.org). And yes, for those of you curious, the book was sold on complete! Congrats, Megan.

Hi, I’m a brand new Harlequin American author, Megan Kelly. So new, in fact, we haven’t decided on a title for my book yet! However, it’s due on the shelves next spring, so I’ll keep you posted. I’ve been writing for quite a few years, striving to improve my work in hopes of finding a home with Harlequin.

I read my first Harlequin Romance at thirteen and fell in love with the stories. I started writing four years later, but it wasn’t until I’d married and had two children that I met one of my favorite authors, Kathleen Korbel (aka thriller writer Eileen Dreyer) and discovered RWA. Without the support of my local chapter, I’d still be struggling with my first manuscript.

I’ve been very lucky to have my mss recognized in RWA chapter contests, winning the Maggie and the Molly, and finaling in the Emily and the 1st Impressions, each with different works.

My upcoming release—how exciting that sounds!—is a story of unlikely lovers vying for the CEO position of a major Chicago firm. Sort of Romeo and Juliet meets “The Apprentice.” LOL

I want to thank Michele Dunaway for all her advice and kindness over the years and for this opportunity to say hi.

Megan

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Peggy this is a wonderful first stage in your success as a published writer. We are all so thrilled for you.
From your core critique group and me
Lynda S. Burch aka Lynda LaPorte
www.lyndasburch.com

Anonymous said...

A huge congratulations, Megan. I see that you thanked your local chapter. RWA is a fabulous organization, isn't it?

Be sure to remind us when the book is out so we can buy it.

Wishing you boatloads (or should I say, bookshelves) of success,
Ann Roth

Nicole said...

Congrats on the sale!!

Marin Thomas said...

Megan

Welcome to the HAR family! Congrats on your first sale. I look forward to reading your book next spring.

Marin
www.marinthomas.com

Anonymous said...

Megan,
So happy for you!
Carol

Anonymous said...

Peggy,

You've given so generously of your time and talent to MoRWA, I knew it would return to you in success.

No one deserves it more.

Donna Ross

Prisakiss said...

Megan, I am thrilled about your wonderful news. It's always a treat to when hard work and dedication are rewarded!

Congratulation!!

Prisakiss

Cathy McDavid said...

Megan, congrats!! What exciting news.

Cathy Mc (another fairly newbie)

Linda Warren said...

Megan,
Congratulations! Congratulations! This is so exciting. Your first sale. Enjoy every moment.
Linda Warren