Friday, May 28, 2010

Finding Love Again

Finding Love Again
I am amazed it has been a full month since I last blogged…. Where does time go? I find that most of my time is eaten up with cooking, cleaning, writing, writing, sports, playing with the kids and trying to find time to sleep.
For those of you readers out there that found the love of your life early on, count your blessings. Many of us either found love and it just didn’t work or we just haven’t found that special person that makes our heart sing. I used to fall into the category of love come and gone, until I met a man last year who runs marathons like me. I like to joke, “We fell in love because we run the same pace.”
As I write my romances for all you, I’ve been living my own. I never thought I could find love, real love again. Let me tell you I was proven wrong. This month we were married and had a magical wedding, the kind that comes out of romance novels. Our children all stood up with us as my three year old walked down the aisle with my father and me, holding her blanket. I think after writing, “A Daughter’s Discovery,” I fell in love with the idea of wildflowers and had that theme for my wedding.
My dear and amazing mother-in-law brought me to tears as she gave me a set of pearl earrings, necklace and bracelet for me to have and wear for the wedding. She too got the idea from the same book.
The next day we were whisked off to Kauai, Hawaii, for a romantic honeymoon. It was heaven to be alone with no kids, no responsibility and the ability to just love each other for ten days. Kauai is the garden isle full of lush forests and secret beaches. We scuba dived and spent hours on the beach snorkeling and talking of nothing. The sunsets, air and flowers, cast a glow of splendor and enchantment creating romance wherever we rent.
I write this to you all, telling you to cherish the one whom you love, or never give up the idea that can’t find you. It found me again. My next book, “The Firefighter’s Heiress,” is about two people who believe that love will never come to them. They are in for a big surprise.
Aloha and Mahalo,
Dominique


If you want to see some fun action you can go to:
http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=D8956EA66830DA3F
We recorded ourselves zip lining and touring the NaPali Coast on video.

8 comments:

nedene jacobsen said...

Dominique is a rare woman. She has enough love to make everyone around her feel special. It is a joy to see her loving our son, and also embracing his children and giving them as much love as she gives her own children. Now, they are one big happy family of seven. We are blessed to have a beautiful new daughter-in-law and two more adorable grandchildren. Life is good.

Dominique said...

Thank you mom,
you are one of my biggest and only fans. Thanks for all the support and love.

Dominique

Penny Rader said...

What a lovely story. I wish you much happiness and a long happy life together.

I also love that you have wonderful in-laws. That makes a world of difference.

Dominique said...

Thank you Penny for your kind words. I am blessed to have such amazing in-laws. It's been quite a year, one I never saw coming.

Life is such a journey, as the old cliche goes. I do believe it's true, we go through dark times that feel as if there is no light at the end of tunnel. Then suddenly a curve ball comes along and suprise! There is something wonderful in store.

It's one of the reason's I love writing romances. I can explore the various emotions of the human spirit.

Too bad life doesn't always end like a Harlequin! Mom and I have always said,"There's nothing like escaping into a book for a couple of hours."

All the best,
Dominique

Estella said...

Congratulations and many happy years together.

Dominique said...

Estella,

Thank you for dropping by and reading the blog.

I appreciate your kind words and well wishes.

All the best,
Dominique

Gillian Layne said...

This is one of the loveliest things I've ever read. I wish you and your new family all the happiness in the world (and keep writing those wonderful books!)

Dominique said...

Gillian,

You've made my day. How thoughtful of you to say such delightful and kind things. On behalf of my family and me we thank you.

I will do my best to deliver exciting and romantic books to readers like yourself.

All the best,
Dominique