Monday, May 19, 2008

Coas out your inner child

I write this from Siesta Key, Florida, where my husband and I are vacationing for nine days. We love Siesta Key, which is part of Sarasota. Some have said the beaches at Siesta Key are among the top 10 worldwide. I have to agree (though I’d love to visit the other nine to make sure ☺ ). The sand is as white and soft as talcum powder, and never seems to get too hot on your feet. I’m told it is made of crushed crystals.

This time of year the water is about 75 degrees, perfect in my opinion. Playing in the waves, body surfing, and just enjoying the pelicans and egrets—it all brings out my inner child. It’s been awhile since I laughed for the sheer joy of feeling a wave crash over me. My inner child is out and feeling fine.

I’d write more, but the ocean is calling and that inner child is dancing with anticipation.


Until next time, and wishing you all the joy of coaxing out your inner child,
Ann Roth
www.annroth.net

5 comments:

Jennifer Faye said...

Oh Ann, your vacation spot sounds heavenly. Wish I could join you. LOL. Instead, I must climb back in my writing cave. Enjoy the sun, sand, and getting your feet wet in the surf for me.

Jennifer

Estella said...

Sounds like you are having a great time!

Anonymous said...

I used to live in Sarasota! Never went to the beach much when I lived there. Now that I'm in the Midwest, I visit my niece every once in awhile. I make sure I spend my day on Siesta Key Beach. I even took some sand home with me the last time I was there!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer- Lots of luck with the writing! I'll swim some for you. :-)

Estella- I am!

Anonymous (Shelley?!)- I never knew you used to live in Sarasota! I'd LOVE to live here, but since the kids are all on the west coast, I doubt we'll move here.

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!